The shocking events in Brussels this morning have understandably prompted a surge of enquiries from travellers.
We will continue to keep a watching brief and in the meantime would advise:
- If your flight back from Brussels has been cancelled, speak with your airline who are required to provide accommodation and subsistence expenses whilst rearranging a flight back to the UK.
- If you have not yet travelled and your organiser or airline has cancelled the trip, full refunds should be provided by the organiser/airline.
- If you or your travel organiser re-arrange your trip, we will amend any single trip policy purchased without charge (unless any new destination is outside Europe).
- Where your trip is cancelled (whether by you or your organiser) and not rearranged, we will make a full refund of a single trip premium (provided no claim has been made under the policy).
- It should be noted that in common with all travel policies, we do not cover claims arising directly or indirectly from terrorist activity (except claims under the Medical Emergency and Personal Accident sections).
For more information contact our team on 0330 660 0581 or visit the ABI website.