Millstream perceptive underwriting



News Archive

Advice to Consumers regarding the Financial Failure of FlyBe

Advice to Consumers

Booked with an ATOL holder (Package Holiday)

If you have booked flights or a trip that includes flights with a travel firm that holds an ATOL (Air Travel Organiser's Licence) and received confirmation that you are ATOL protected, the travel firm is responsible for your flight arrangements and must either make alternative flights available for you so that your trip can continue or provide a full refund. If you are abroad, it should make arrangements to bring you home at the end of your trip. Contact the ATOL travel firm for more information.


Direct booking with an airline

If you booked directly with FlyBe and paid by credit card you may be protected under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and should contact your card issuer for further information. Similarly, if you paid by debit or charge card you should contact your card issuer for advice as you may be able to make a claim under their charge back rules.


Booked through an Airline Ticket Agent

If you booked your ticket through an airline ticket agent, you should speak to the agent in the first instance; they may have provided travel insurance that includes Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance (SAFI) or taken out their own SAFI cover which will enable them to refund or cover the cost of a new ticket to get you home if you are currently abroad.


If you did not book directly with FlyBe and purchased your tickets through an intermediary, you should contact your booking or travel agent in the first instance.


Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance (SAFI)

Most comprehensive Travel Insurance policy will include Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance (SAFI) or End Supplier Failure Insurance (ESFI) which will cover the Financial Failure of either the Airline or other End Supplier. Some more basic and limited policies will very likely not include cover so you will need to refer to your policy. In the event of cover being included within your Travel Insurance policy you should contact your Insurer in order to make a claim.


If you have a Travel Insurance Policy that includes either SAFI or ESFI through International Passenger Protection Limited

(IPP) then please use the following contact details below, you can also make a claim online;


Please note in the first instance you will be expected to refer to your Bank or Credit Card provider as outlined above. If you are unsuccessful then please obtain refusal confirmation as part of your claim.

UK resident Insured’s

IPP Consumer Claims at Cunningham Lindsey

Oakleigh House

14-15 Park Place

Cardiff CF10 3DQ. United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0)345 266 1872

Email: [email protected]



European resident Insured’s

IPP Claims at inTrust

Postbus 23212

3001 KE Rotterdam

The Netherlands

Tel:  +31 10 31 20 666

Email:  [email protected]


Previous Next